Repurpose A Halloween Tree To Make A Cute Spider
Time to decorate mantels, doors and more – let’s repurpose a Halloween tree from the Dollar Tree to make a cute spider!
When you walk by the Halloween trees in the Dollar Tree (like a Christmas trees but tiny with orange and black branches) do you wonder who buys those or why they buy them?
Me, it’s me. And hopefully you too after this post.
I’m one of the ones who buys them and I used it for spider legs! Stay with me, I promise it will make super adorable. And then you will have these cute spiders hanging everywhere! So let’s repurpose that Halloween Tree into a cute spider’s legs!
What You’ll Need For Your Spider
- The Halloween Tree to Repurpose
- Styrofoam Discs – one for each spider you will make
- Scrapbook Paper – you will need enough for both sides of your styrofoam disc plus a strip for the edge
- Google Eyes
- Pencil or Pen, Paper Trimmer and Ruler
- Scissors or Wire Cutters
- Sanding Block
- Mod Podge (not pictured) and Ryobi Hot Glue Gun
Repurpose Your Halloween Tree – The Steps To Create A Cute Spider
Cute Spider Body
- Trace your styrofoam disc on the back of your scrapbook paper – you will need 2 circles for each spider, a front and back
- Measure the width of the edge of the disc.
- Cut a strip to go around your spider. (With my 12 X 12 paper it took two 3/4 inch strips that was equaled 16-17 inches.)
- Adhere all of your paper circles and strips to your spider with Mod Podge.
- Clean up your circles – trim with scissors or sand with sanding block. No matter how well I think I trace the circle it’s always got some funny bumps!
Time to Repurpose That Halloween Tree – Make Spider Legs
- Snip off eight branches for each spider, the wire is thin enough to use scissors but wire cutters make it easy!
- Poke holes for your spider legs. If its too hard using the pointed end of the branch to make your hole use a small finishing nail to create the hole!
- Place a dab of hot glue on your branch and insert into the hole you made.
- Insert all of eight legs, four on each side, and give them a slight bend.
The last step to our cute spider made from a repurposed Halloween Tree?
Googly eyes and a string to hang your cute spider from!
Ideas For Your Cute Spiders in Your Home
- Hang them from your mantel along with a banner of Hocus Pocus Flashcards.
- Attach to your kitchen cabinet doors or hang them from this repurposed shutter.
- Or hang from shelves decorated with this gnome and this fun “web” for Halloween!
Where will you put your repurposed Halloween Spider?
Before You Run Off To Repurpose A Halloween Tree To Make Cute Spiders
Pin this post to Pinterest to help you remember all of the steps – hover over any picture or the image below to save it to your account. So easy!
Fall in love with fall! So many ideas for your home from mantels to tables to vignettes. Click on each picture or see all looks to see Fall posts with shopping lists and step by step directions to easily create the same looks in your home.