My Nativity set is pieced together from a multitude of sets – the animals from one, the angel from another and the wise men, Mar, Joseph and Baby Jesus from another. I believe the shepherds have come and gone to tell others of Jesus’ birth. This is because I cannot find them anywhere – they might be back in the fields with their flocks by now. So while I look for the shepherds I created my own Christmas star for my Nativity and want to show you how to paint a Christmas star of your very own.
Paint Your Canvas Ombre
Ombre isn’t complicated, I promise. Well it might be but my method is not. And a disclaimer I am not an artist 😉 so this is most likely not proper and will make someone gasp.
- Squeeze a line of black paint at the top
- Squeeze a line of black with two dots of white in between your black and your navy
- Squeeze a line of navy paint a third of the way down
- Squeeze a line of navy with two drops of white paint near the bottom
- Using your painting brush and wiping it often with paper towels drag the colors across your canvas. Do not go up and down only straight across (that’s a bit of Karate Kid for you!)
A Christmas Star For Your Canvas
- Print the Christmas Star stencil on cardstock – the printable is at the end of this post.
- Cut out the inside of the star and lay on your dry canvas.
- Apply mod podge inside your stencil.
- Shake glitter on to your mod podge. Remove the stencil carefully.
- Let dry. Knock off any excess glitter with a paintbrush or with your hand gently.
Your Painted Christmas Star in Your Nativity
Display your Christmas Star above your Nativity. Use an easel, hang on the wall or use a rake head for a small shelf for your Christmas Star to sit on.
You can also use an easel to hold your Christmas Star. Here I placed the Nativity set in an upcycled repurposed jewelry box. When setting up your Nativity think outside the stable or creche!
You Might Also Like These From Twigs & Fluff
Get your Christmas Star Stencil Printable and Make Your Own Nativity Backdrop Painting
Holiday Home Hop
I joined up with several blogger friends to show off our holiday decorated homes and holiday projects! Be sure to check them all out!
- Attempts At Domestication – Christmas Home Tour
- A Lovery Life – Tin Tile Tree
- Cottage Living and Style – Christmas Home Decor in a Small Space
- An Organized Season – A Wreath Inspired Christmas Decor
- Color Joy Interiors – Easy Christmas DIY Decor
- The Busy Bee Co – Holiday Home Tour
- Eighty mph Mom – Black Santa Decor
- The Scented Homestead – Dried Orange Garland
- Celebrated Nest – Green and White Christmas Decor